An accounting officer is someone who manages a company’s financial accounts and performs auditing and budgeting tasks for an organization. In general, duties of a person in accounting jobs include:
- Managing accounts, producing reports and financial statements
- Processing invoice, cleared checks and applying checks to customer accounts
- Processing refunds and returned checks
- Monitoring revenue and expenditures
- Creating budgets and performing journal entries
A high school diploma or equivalent is a must to be eligible to work in accounting jobs. 6-9 hours of accounting along with experience of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable is important to secure a decent accounting job. Proficiency in Lotus or Excel helps you grab better paychecks. On an average a person in accounting job can make anywhere between $48,000 to $60,000 depending upon the role and skills-set. Professionals who work in finance and insurance earn more as compared to there peers who work in bookkeeping and government agencies.