Healthcare assistants/technicians assists nurses, doctors, physicians, dentists, surgeons and other health care professionals in performing their day-to-day activities:
Typically, people in healthcare jobs:
- Assist doctor and other health care professionals in their duties
- Make beds, clean patients, serve them meals and help them move
- Help them walk, go to loo and do other daily activities.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and inform doctors if something needs assistance
- Educate patients and caregivers about wellness
Typically, a person in healthcare jobs can make anything between $10 – $20 an hour depending upon the role and qualification. Qualification needed vary widely and depends upon the role. While an assistant is fine having an associate degree, there are healthcare positions that need you to specialize in anesthesia, phlebotomy, pharmaceuticals, or mental health. Also, having advance analytical skills and medical knowledge helps increasing your earning potential.