People in legal jobs have the responsibility of assisting clients with their expertise on the subject of law. Most common roles in the field of legal jobs are attorneys, legal secretaries and assistants.
Typically, the responsibilities in a legal job are:
- Understanding the situation from the clients, preparing paperwork
- Building case plans and strategies to facilitate favorable and timely conclusions of the cases
- Presenting the cases in the courts during trials
- Preparing documents like summons, subpoenas, and motions
- Performing administrative tasks at attorneys’ offices
For an attorney, average pay is $50,000 per year. For other legal jobs, such as legal secretaries and assistants, the average pay is $45,000 per year. Basic education required for an attorney is a bachelor’s degree in law whereas for legal secretaries and assistance, certificate courses in law and communication can suffice.