A nurse is someone who nurses and takes care of patients. Nursing jobs require knowledge of medical terminology, people skills and compassion towards helping people. Nurses/staff nurses/nursing assistants must become certified medical assistants or they should at least complete state-approved education programs and employer-specific training. The biggest skill for nursing jobs is the ability to respond to emergency situations with tact:
In general, responsibility of people in nursing jobs might include:
- Administering patients medication and making sure they get right medication at tight time
- Teaching patients about medication dosage, effects and side effects
- Taking care of patients and providing them with everything they need while there stay in hospitals
- Updating doctors about patients’ health issues and improvement
- Evaluating patient’s physical and emotional needs
A staff nurse earns an average salary of $64,000 per year. Getting more relate degrees and gaining on-the-job experiences can help you get higher salary in the field. Nursing staffs who for government agencies typically earn the best pay.