The Foth Companies is Hiring - Apply Now
Lead Civil Engineer/Project Manager - Transportation
- Des Moines, IA
- November 13, 2020
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Lead Civil Engineer/Project Manager to join our Transportation team. We are seeking an individual who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients success. This position will be working out of our Des Moines, IA location.
* Lead technical engineering, quality assurance/control, and municipal engineering project activities focused on the design of roadways, underground utilities (storm, sanitary, water), drainage, and pedestrian facilities.
* Develop and maintain client relationships
* Deliver projects within budget, schedule, and contractual commitments
* Negotiate change orders to the scope of work with the client and subcontractors
* Work closely with relevant permitting agencies
* Develop technical reports, feasibility studies, and engineering designs
* Lead, coordinate, and build teamwork among other members in all necessary disciplines
* Establish objectives and provide performance feedback for project team members
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering
* Professional Engineer license in Iowa or ability to obtain license within 12 months of start date
* Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience in the engineering consulting industry with senior engineering design responsibilities directly related to municipal or urban roadway design.
* Minimum of eight (8) years experience in the civil engineering field
* Demonstrated experience in project management or managing a team of design engineers.
* Combination of 10+ years of experience in public improvements projects (i.e. roadway design, municipal infrastructure, storm and sanitary sewer design, water main, traffic control/staging plans, pedestrian facilities and construction)
* Experience in management of design teams including development of scope of work, project schedules and management of project budgets.
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 600 members and operates in 26 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units - Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions - each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understanding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth s commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!
Apply for this job