Darling Ingredients is Hiring - Apply Now
- Waterloo, IA
- April 5, 2021
Come join us at Darling Ingredients www.darlingii.com/ -- we repurpose & reuse rather than discarding what others might consider as waste. We capture valuable ingredients and nutrients to help maximize what nature has to offer, providing components for a wide range of products, including pet food, fertilizer and biofuel.
Please check out our story to find out more about all we do at Darling Ingredients!
The Mechanic is responsible for keeping all vehicles in the fleet roadworthy and ready for service when needed.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Performs all preventive maintenance and repair work necessary on fleet vehicles.
* Reviews driver vehicle inspection reports.
* Responsible for being familiar with and observing all company safety rules and regulations; recognizes that safety is top company priority; attends regularly scheduled safety meetings.
* Need to have good understanding of hydraulic systems.
* Need to have basic welding knowledge.
* Sweeps, cleans, organizes shop using 5S principles.
* May be required to run routes.
* Maybe required to answer roadside calls for disabled vehicles.
* All other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or GED.
* One year or more of previous diesel mechanic experience
* Class A CDL required.
* Must have own tools.
* Welding/metal fabrication experience or technical schooling.
* Experience troubleshooting electrical wiring.
* Detail-oriented, self-motivated.
* Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
* Frequently required to sit for extended periods.
* Occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
* Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
* Job functions will be carried out in a rendering facility which requires tolerance for wet and/or slippery floors and high heat and cold temperatures.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster