Insituform Technologies USA, LLC
Aegion Corporation is Hiring - Apply Now
Construction General Foreman
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- May 21, 2021
Insituform Technologies USA, LLC is seeking an experienced General Foreman.
Insituform Technologies USA, LLC, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods.
The General Foreman will supervise and facilitate the construction phase of projects by directly managingInsituform crews and sub-contractors while providing oversight for production, safety, quality, and training.
* Ensure quantities are verified; traffic plans and bypass plans are properly completed; verifies site conditions and ensures critical site details are documented through project management system.
* Ensure construction execution complies with plans and specifications.
* Attend the pre-construction meetings.
* Ensure materials and equipment for the project are planned for and delivered on time.
* Critical documents, local rules and permits are complete, delivered and/or posted.
* Ensure that utility locations are identified for crews and sub-contractors.
* Ensure that work and quantities completed are verified with Foreman and Sub-contractors
* Monitor and communicate changes in the scope of a project and opportunities for additional revenue or cost savings to the Field Engineer, Project Manager, or General Manager
* In collaboration with the Project Manager, communicate the work schedule to the customer as required; supervise sub-contractors and vendors on the Project Site.
* In collaboration with Superintendents, notify residentsofwork schedules, ensure all pre- and post-videos and samples are acquired and processed, and ensure the processing of crew and sub-contractor logs, safety documents, tap cutting documents, etc.
* Work with customers, crews, and sub-contractors to resolve operational and technical issues and challenges.
* Perform job surveys for estimating and sales as required.
* Enforce company safety regulations, SOPs, and quality standards.
* Walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop,crouch, bend, reach, kneel, crawl, and stretch.
* Use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear without visual cues.
* Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs.
* Ability to wear respirator and body harness while entering confined spaces. jobsnow
* High School diploma or equivalent required, bachelors degree desired
* More than 5 years related industry experience; water or sewer utility experience preferred.
* Experience managing 5-6 direct reports and multiple crews, in multiple locations preferred.
* CDL A or B required
* Must have strong Excel and Word skills
* Solid communication skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems quickly.
* Overnight travel is required.
* Ability to work overtime including evenings, nights and weekend based on business needs.
Insituform Technologies USA, Inc offers Competitive Salaryand much more, as well as the opportunity for growth within an expanding worldwide company.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
VEVRAA compliant - priority referral Protected Veterans requested