Aegion Corporation is Hiring - Apply Now
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- May 21, 2021
Insituform Technologies USA, LLC is looking for an experienced Construction Manager
Insituform Technologies USA, LLC, an Aegion company, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods.
Supervises and facilitates the construction phase of projects by directly managing sub-contractors and providing oversight and project support for production, safety, quality and project management standards.
Plans, coordinates day-to-day job site operations and coordinates with Insituform General Superintendents and Superintendents to ensure lining operations are set up to meet schedules.
Position Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Primary responsibilities include the following:
* Enforces company safety regulations, standard operating procedures and quality standards.
* Procures necessary plans and
* Verifies quantities, completes traffic plan, completes bypass plan, verifies site conditions and documents critical site details through project management system.
* Attends the pre-construction me
* Ensures that all needed materials and equipment for the project are delivered on tim
* Verifies that necessary Critical Documents, local rules and permits are complete, delivered and/or posted as required.
* Confirms utility locations for crews and sub-contractors.
* Verifies work and quantities completed with Superintendents and Sub-contractors.
* Completes daily project
* Monitors and communicates changes in the scope of a project and opportunities for additional revenue or cost savings to the Project Manager or Area Manager.
* Communicates the work schedule to the customer as required.
* Notifies residents of work schedules as required.
* Acquires and processes all pre and post videos and samples as required.
* Processes and files all crew and sub-contractor logs, safety documents, tap cutting documents, etc. as required.
* Directly supervises sub-contractors and vendors on the Project Site.
* Works with customers, crews and sub-contractors to resolve operational and technical issues and challenges.
* Performs pre-bid activities including job surveys for estimating as required. jobsnow
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and/or Experience: This position requires a minimum of 5 years of field construction management experience and/or equivalent combination of education and A degree from a 4-year university or equivalent education is preferred.
* CDL A or B required
* Language Skills:Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to region management, customers, and the publi
* Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to use computers to do relatively routine data entry and calculations.
* Reasoning Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete v
* Leadership Skills: Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower an In addition, must be a strong communicator and be able to take the initiative to function without day-to-day guidance.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical Demands: In the performance of duties for this position, the employee is: regularly required to sit, talk, and hear without visual controls; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, grip, or feel objects, tools or controls, repetitive motion, required to walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, stretch, push, pull, reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, steps and narrow passages, walk uneven surfaces and wear appropriate personal protective equipment; balance, and taste or smell; regularly lift, push, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ability for extended concentration.
* Work Environment:In performing the duties for this job, the employee will generally work in outside weather conditions (near job sites with moving vehicles and mechanical operations). Will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Travel by automobile and airplane required. Will require some work in an office type environment.
Insituform Technologies USA, Inc offers Competitive Salary and much more, as well as the opportunity for growth within an expanding worldwide company.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
VEVRAA compliant - priority referral Protected Veterans requested