The Foth Companies is Hiring - Apply Now
Lead Construction Manager
- Des Moines, IA
- May 25, 2021
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Lead Construction Manager to plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of the projects. This position will be working out of our Green Bay, WI, Milwaukee, WI, Madison, WI, Minneapolis, MN, Des Moines, IA, Cedar Rapids, IA or Chicago, IL location.
* Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
* Provide construction management to Mining, Manufacturing and Ports and Harbors, and Public Solid Waste projects
* Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
* Meet contractual conditions of performance
* Analyze, manage, and mitigate risks
* Manage expectations throughout the project and resolves differences
* Multi-task thru appropriate prioritization and effective delegation
* Develop and maintain a network of internal and external experts within the construction management industry
* Work with Foth technical leadership to ensure members are represented in the appropriate technical associations/organizations in order to keep current with modern technologies
* Participate in proposal development
* 10 years working experience with at least 3 years in construction management, with projects exceeding $500,000
* Previous experience with the application of engineering documents to construction projects
* Understanding of construction contracting requirements
* Willingness to travel in excess of 75% of the year
* Associates Degree in Engineering or Science
* Familiarity with construction management software packages
* Previous experience with consulting and survey of construction sites, nuclear density gauges, and standard construction documents
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 600 members and operates in 26 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units - Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions - each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understanding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth s commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!
Apply for this job