The Foth Companies is Hiring - Apply Now
Lead Environmental Engineer / Project Manager (Solid Waste)
- Des Moines, IA
- June 8, 2021
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Lead Environmental Engineer / Project Manager (Solid Waste) who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients success. This position will be located in our Minneapolis, MN, Green Bay, WI, Cedar Rapids, IA, Des Moines, IA or remote location.
* Provide hands-on technical engineering for solid waste projects (issue identification and resolution, project team leadership, delivery of projects within scope, schedule, and budget, technical quality, etc.)
* Provide engineering leadership to teams, systems, and oversee processes to complete projects with high quality and on-time and provide input for continuous improvements
* Attend client meetings, participate in proposals and presentations, attend trade shows, meet with regulatory agencies, and serve as primary contact for clients regarding solid waste projects
* Proactively identify client needs and initiate activities to ensure those needs are addressed
* Demonstrate technical solid waste knowledge as a lead engineer for multiple large-scale solid waste projects of a complex, multi-discipline nature including stormwater, leachate, and landfill gas management systems
* Serve as primary technical resource for solid waste projects
* Demonstrate effective client and project team communication skills with a focus on technical issues for clients, regulators, and stakeholders
* Maintain a thorough and complete understanding of the rules, regulations, guidance, policies and current best approach for solid waste engineering systems
* Oversee the development and quality control review of plans and specifications and serve as the engineer of record for waste facility construction projects including municipal solid waste, ash monofill and demolition landfills
* Coach junior engineers to develop their technical skills
* Negotiate scope change orders with clients and subcontractors
* Maintain all licenses and certifications in good standing
* Bachelors degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
* Minimum 10 years of engineering experience in solid waste projects
* Minimum of 5 years project management/coordination experience
* Professional Engineer (PE) licensure
* Working knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and standards for design of waste facilities and emerging regulatory issues
* Positive working relationships with federal and/or state regulators on permitting and compliance of waste facilities
* Masters degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or Science
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
* 10 years of experience working in the engineering consulting industry
* Geotechnical Engineering experience
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 600 members and operates in 26 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units - Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions - each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understanding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth s commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!
Apply for this job