Actium Health is Hiring - Apply Now
- Irvine, CA
- September 15, 2021
Join a Hypergrowth Company and Make an Impact
We're incredibly proud of our innovative and thought leading clients and can promise that your projects will involve solving challenges for leading healthcare organizations.
Actium Health formerly known as SymphonyRM is a venture backed healthcare start-up based in the Bay Area. We move care beyond treating diseases to targeted interventions across the patient journey to create the influence and loyalty for patients to live healthier lives. Leveraging cutting edge data science to guide "Next Best Actions", our HealthOS platform empowers our clients to make smarter decisions in their businesses with our prioritization engine.
As a Software Engineer at Actium Health, you will work with stakeholders in a highly collaborative scrum team, delivering frequent updates to our SaaS platform and value to our customers. Team members often focus on different areas of the back-end, front-end, infrastructure, or full-stack. Depending on your focus area, you will:
* Leverage Python to build out GraphQL and REST data access services, exposing data from MySQL and Amazon Redshift
* Design batch and streaming data pipelines for rapid ingestion of data at healthcare scale, utilizing Prefect, Airflow, Faust, and Kafka
* Collaborate with our Data Science team to leverage AI and machine learning models
* Work with our product team and UX designers to conceive, design, and build modern and data-driven user interfaces
* Leverage current React workflows like Redux and Apollo for local state management and to query GraphQL and REST APIs
* Design and deploy our platform services infrastructure in Python with a fully automated CI/CD pipeline
* Work with Elastic Kubernetes Service, using Helm Charts for service deployment
* Leverage AWS and create infrastructure as code, using Terraform or similar technologies
Skills and Qualifications
* 2+ years of experience of back-end, front-end, infrastructure, or full-stack development for web applications
* Experience with some of the following (depending on focus area):
* Server-side Python programming and web application frameworks like Flask
* Batch, stream, and offline processing to manage business state or perform ETL
* Relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL
* Designing or leveraging APIs, especially for data access
* Amazon Web Services (e.g. EKS, ECS, MSK, Cognito, S3, Route53, VPC)
* Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Charts, and CI/CD platforms
* Proactive and reactive monitoring and log management for SaaS applications
* Strong communication skills: ability to prepare written material that communicates clearly and succinctly
* BS degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent experience
* Willingness to learn and quickly grow in your career as part of our small, but rapidly growing team
* Experience developing large-scale multi-tenant SaaS applications
* Experience building or working with CRM applications
* Experience building or working with marketing automation platforms
* Startup experience
* Healthcare industry experience
At Actium Health, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Actium Health believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Statement
We understand that healthcare disparities persist for marginalized communities, including but not limited to individuals who identify as BIPOC or as part of the LGBTQ+ community. As leaders in the healthcare technology space, we believe we have a moral obligation to build a product that promotes equity in healthcare that centers the lived experiences of people from marginalized communities. We encourage people with all backgrounds to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the criteria! Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement is below:
"Our mission is to promote fairness and equity in healthcare - leveraging the power of artificial intelligence combined with human creativity.
We commit to find and root out healthcare bias and inequity.
We will solve this challenge with a diverse team, and we will help healthcare proactively serve the underserved.
CCPA disclosure notice