Joerns Healthcare is Hiring - Apply Now
Field Service Technician
- New Berlin, WI
- September 16, 2021
Position Summary :
The Field Service Technician is responsible for delivery, pick up, and service of company product to the customer facilities in a timely and professional manner, including educating the patient/care giver on the safe operation and use of company product. This individual will also be responsible for product care and maintenance, product repair, warehouse/shop duties, vehicle care and maintenance, and tracking of inventory at all times.
The Field Service Technician will possess strong leadership skills and will work closely with his/her Field Operations Supervisor and/or Field Operations Manager to uphold standards, such as JCAHO, OSHA, HIPAA, ETC Policies and Procedures, and Joerns Way, within assigned location.
Major Duties & Responsibilities :
* Work/drive safely in all aspects of job
* Provides safe environment for the patient at all time
* Responsible for delivery and set up of product in accordance with arranged schedule to the customer/patient in a timely and professional manner
* Instructs and demonstrates patient/care giver/nurse on proper and safe use of product
* Loads and unloads product in an orderly and secure manner in accordance with set policies and procedure
* Completes vehicles safety checks in accordance with set procedures.
* Checks electrical outlets for power and proper ground when delivering electrically powered home medical equipment, in addition to observing entire environment/surroundings for any concerns in accordance with set procedures
* Completes required paperwork upon delivery, pick up, or service of product and follows and adheres to HIPAA guidelines
* Rotates on-call availability with Field Service Technicians, including nights & weekends and travel up to two weeks at a time as needed
* Cleans, disinfects, repairs, and quality checks all products as required in accordance with set procedures
* Designate warehouse and vehicle fleet responsibilities according to set policies and procedures
* Maintain warehouse upkeep and organization within set standards
* Oversee paperwork filing and timely paperwork submission to corporate office
* Oversee warehouse supplies consumption and ensure timely delivery
* Designate and ensure completion of inventory tasks, such as:
* Daily/Weekly counts
* Communication on minimum levels
* Repairs/Product QVR process
* Product barcode tagging
* Confirmation of PSE requests and quality checks
* Assist in training of Service and Warehouse Technicians
* Promote and lead by example in all aspects of safety performance (personal, vehicle, etc).
* Responsible for performing ETC Facility Audit
* Perform weekly Vehicle safety checks and log results. Report changes or damages of vehicle condition. Maintain daily DVIR compliance.
* Maintain adequate inventory stock levels in vehicles at all times, along with tools and other equipment.
* Improve upon existing compliance standards and assist in improvement of staff performance. through positive communication and proper delegation.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Complete all required training
Required Education :
High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Skills & Experience :
* Two years of customer service or comparable experience required
* Must have willingness and ability to work extended workweek, including some evenings and weekends and travel as required
* Ability to safely lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs
* Must have a valid and current driver license in the state the applicant resides
* Ability to pass DOT medical examination and other Federal requirements
* Clean background & DMV record
Preferred Skills, Experience & Education :
* Previous driving/delivery experience
* Previous durable medical equipment (DME) experience is preferred
* Supervisory experience preferred
* Computer skills, such as experience with Outlook email, Microsoft Excel, and smart phones such as IPhone or Android
* Ability to work independently and in team environment
* Good communication skills (verbal and written), along with good organizational skills
Joerns Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity,including Disability/Veterans