Business Development Manager
- Lake Zurich, IL
- September 29, 2021
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
City: Lake Zurich
Bureau Veritas performs conformity assessment and risk management services to
clients from over 800 offices in over 140 countries. With revenues over 2 billion euro
and 37,000 employees, the company is committed to organic growth while also pursuing
an acquisition strategy. The Pressure Vessels division of the Industry & Facilities group,
has revenues of approximately $22M. In addition to five geographic regions, for 2016,
priorities include expansion of the Jurisdictional Inspection business creating the need
for this management role.
The Infrared (IR) Business Development Manager reports to the Director of Jurisdictional Services and works with 2 other BDMs in the business unit. The primary purpose of the IR Business Development Manager will be to lead the Marketing and Sales function to include simultaneous efforts in development of national account programs, mass market initiatives and client portfolio management.
Technically, in the infrared scanning (IR Thermography) inspection services market, the IR Business Development Manager should have a credible background and knowledge of IR thermography inspections and their general industrial applications. The successful candidate may well come from the manufacturing, maintenance or insurance industries with experience in IR, predictive/preventative maintenance and loss prevention.
* Work closely with the Director of Jurisdictional Services and the 2 other BDMs in the development of new IR inspection business and commercial action plans for IR Inspections business unit
* Develop sales and marketing material to be used in the acquiring of new business
* Participate in the strategic planning process
* Develop plans to cross-sell services and increase the organizations knowledge of services available to cross sell
* Make significant contributions to the visibility of Bureau Veritas and help establish the Bureau Veritas Brand in our markets
* Establish customer relations and good will to include customer feedback
* Partner closely with other key Business Development Managers to coordinate strategy and establish cross-sell opportunities
* Capacity for learning the BV and I&F organization, business model and culture along with the BV I&F product portfolio
* Evidence of success developing and growing relationships with large client companies
* Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively establish new business relationships as well as foster current client relationships
* Proven skills for teamwork and collaboration
* Outstanding organizational and analytical skills
* Available for travel as required
* Familiarity with boiler and pressure vessel jurisdictional requirements and machinery breakdown services a plus
* Microsoft Office skills
* Ability to work independently
* Highly motivated and driven
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: