Infoblox is Hiring - Apply Now
Finance Manager - Cloud
- Tacoma, WA
/ Atlanta, GA / Chicago, IL / New York City, NY / Denver, CO / Sacramento, CA / Boise, ID / Carson City, NV / Salem, OR / Dallas, TX ...View All View Less
- October 13, 2021
It s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our Finance Team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Finance. In this remote role, you will drive P&L visibility to the Engineering, Product, and IT teams and drive initiatives related to SaaS by partnering closely with leaders within Infoblox s globally distributed technology organization. This role will be critical in building out Infoblox s SaaS costing model and is an excellent opportunity to build your leadership skills and grow your career in the future.
You are the ideal candidate if you have strong business acumen and initiative in constructing SaaS/ARR reporting and key metrics to influence business decisions across the organization. You have a flexible, roll-up-your sleeve, hands-on attitude and welcome the challenges and opportunities of working within a rapidly changing, dynamic work environment.
What you ll do:
* Manage a SaaS costing model that forecasts hosting and other SaaS costs through constant iteration
* Partner with the head of Operations / cloud ops team, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders
* Prepare, submit, and speak to monthly forecasts, including variances of actuals versus forecast, with a focus on SaaS costs
* Support the Technology Finance team through opex / headcount planning and forecasting
* Prepare management reports, closely tracking KPIs around SaaS costs
* Monitor changes in hosting costs and efficiently produce a weekly summary with details for tech leaders and Finance stakeholders
* Establish and maintain a governance structure around SaaS cost accounting, coordinating closely with AP and Accounting to book key expenses (e.g. hosting invoices)
* Assist with projects to automate / improve internal processes to free up team bandwidth for value-added initiatives
* Assist with ad hoc projects / requests, including idea-to-offer business cases, long-range planning, and pricing/packaging
What you ll bring:
* 5+ years of relevant experience, including building a driver-based SaaS costing model to forecast expenses related to AWS or a similar hosting infrastructure
* Strong desire to develop a career in financial planning and analysis
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
* Expertise in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
* Familiarity with Oracle, Adaptive Insights, or related financial planning tools
* Ability to problem solve and handle competing priorities
* Excellent communication skills
* BA/BS required. MBA preferred
What success looks like:
After six months, you will
* Have established cross-functional relationships with the cloud ops team, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders
* Provide a readout on techniques to optimize our hosting COGS
* Provide an update on the company s long-term SaaS margins based on your research and cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders
After about a year, you will
* Help deliver pricing proposals that incorporate our understanding of hosting COGS at the feature-level and customer-level
* Help negotiate vendor contracts that set Infoblox up for success around hosting COGS management
* Grow your leadership skills and career by building out Infoblox s SaaS COGS model
We ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
We ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it s like to be a Bloxer. We think you ll be excited to join our team.
#LI - HH1