Grainger is Hiring - Apply Now
DC Technician III Sunday-Thursday 11:00PM-7:30AM
- MINOOKA, IL
- October 16, 2021
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
* Overnight shift: Sunday-Thursday 11:00PM-7:30AM
* Pay starting at $27.60/hour + $1/hour for working overnight shift
* Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage starts day one
* 18 paid time off days and 6 company holidays per year
* 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
* Employee discounts, parental leave, and more
* Safety shoes provided
This positions primary responsibility is to maintain all conveyor and building systems in order to support the goals of the DC. Provide technical expertise for day to day issues and provide solutions for recurring problems. A thorough understanding of mechanical, electrical, basic power distribution/controls, conveyor systems, powered industrial equipment (PIE) and building assets/components is required to provide maximum system uptime. The job scope includes recommending changes to and executing preventative maintenance programs and repairs to automated sorting equipment, Dematic Multi-Shuttle, Cross belt Sorter, associated conveyors, material handling equipment, building envelope and building MEP (mechanical/electrical/plumbing) systems. This position will be responsible for properly completing work requests as well as projects.
* Respond to all system issues involving conveyors, PIE, sortation and controls (EMS, WCS, Sort Director, EWM, Hardware, Software, etc.)
* Assists with any infrastructure upgrades along with modifications/repairs to DC assets.
* Basic troubleshooting/diagnostics and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and control system components of the conveyor system and building components, including but not limited to:
* DC drives
* AC invertors
* Linear motors
* Print and apply
* Power distribution
* Communication systems
* Ability to work independently on projects and work assignments.
* Work with contractors, service providers and other maintenance personnel.
* Ability to operate all material handling and mobile equipment within the Distribution Center.
* Perform work requests and projects as assigned.
* Easily adjusts to changes in priorities, and flexible to respond to on-call emergencies.
* Ability to work at heights and in unusual positions.
* Ability to grasp, bend and lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
* Works in cross-functional teams and work groups to identify and resolve problems by proposing unique and innovative solutions.
* Keeps team lead, and technicians informed of progress on assignments, projects and repair functions.
* Must be available for 24-hour on-call rotation.
* High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical degree preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of building and equipment maintenance experience with two years maintaining Dematic or similar type conveyor systems.
* Computer literate specifically using the MS Outlook and other Microsoft products.
* Knowledge and application of safe work practices, LOTO standards and Arc Flash.
* Demonstrated ability to follow directions with acute attention to detail and high level of record keeping accuracy.
* Demonstrated skills to operate troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with computer controlled building systems, conveyor systems, and maintenance management systems (CMMS) in a time sensitive environment.
* Skilled at using electrical test equipment, hand tools, power tools, calipers, gauges, etc.
* Experienced with reading and interpreting MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) drawings and schematics.
* High level of knowledge and understanding of codes such as the NEC, BOCA and/or UBC, MSDS and OSHA.
* Possesses an excellent attendance record; is flexible with work schedule.
* Possess strong technical skills to become subject matter expert for conveyors, crossbelt system, Dematic Multi-Shuttle System/Goods to Person System.
* Design, implement, and document PLC (Siemens, Allen Bradley) programming changes to automated equipment when authorized.
* Strong understanding of power distribution, power generation, and control circuits.
* Troubleshoot, and implement changes to I/O device networks such as Profibus, Data Highway, and CanBus.
* Demonstrated ability to utilize computers/computer-based monitoring equipment to diagnose material handling systems and building automation systems.
* Experience with thermal imaging equipment to detect early failure(s) of both mechanical and electrical equipment.
* Experienced with AC drives (set-up, programming, faults).
* Thrive in a continuous learning environment, attend ongoing training, and possess the initiative to learn and understand all facets of system operation and use.
* Interact with manufacturers, vendors, and operations to remedy concerns, offer solutions, or implement modifications.
* Ability to gain further education in one or more of the following areas: Electrical controls, PLC troubleshooting, PIE, building management and various other systems.
* Successful completion of Maintenance skills evaluation.
* Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust and work around
moving equipment often times while working in uncomfortable positions at an elevated height. * This position reports directly to the Facility Supervisor and takes direction from Maintenance Team Lead. Also has regular interaction with distribution center associates, managers, other Grainger employees, vendors, contractors and service providers.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.