The Foth Companies is Hiring - Apply Now
Lead Electrical and Controls Engineer
- Madison, WI
- October 20, 2021
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Production Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Lead Electrical and Controls Engineer who has a desire to contribute to our clients success and is looking for new learning experiences and opportunities for career growth. This position will be working out of our Green Bay, WI; Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; or remote location.
Foth Production Solutions works closely with Fortune 500 companies to develop engineering-led solutions for the most complex consumer product production challenges. From small, single discipline projects to large multi-disciplined, turnkey projects, Foth s commitment to personalized, client-centered service and long-term relationships never wavers. Our clients lead a broad range of industries and they leverage our team members experiences to support projects for new product introductions or line installations, custom machine solutions for unique packaging or product making needs, or systems analysis leading to throughput and efficiency gains.
* Provide technical hardware and software design leadership for industrial projects
* Develop design packages for bid and construction
* Coordinate and execute design and programming of PLC/DCS, HMI, VFD and Servo Motion projects from hardware design and software integration through construction start-up
* Coordinate electrical engineering and lead design/CAD resources
* Provide hardware and software design for machine design projects in consumer products and general industrial markets
* Develop design packages
* Assist in the development project related documentation including schedules, specifications, and cost estimates
* Produce high quality project deliverables while working in a collaborative team environment
* Gather data and provide installation, start up, and troubleshooting support
* Work simultaneously on multiple project teams and client teams.
* Respond and support project and client requests for on-going controls troubleshooting, including ongoing support of production equipment (may include nights and weekends)
* Interface directly with client(s) on a daily basis to understand and respond to their needs
* Develop relationships and cultivate future work opportunities with clients and facilities as work is performed
* Bachelor s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a combination of two or four-year technology degree supplemented with equivalent technical training or experience
* 10+ years of relevant engineering/design experience with exposure to manufacturing environments, including troubleshooting complex projects and demonstrating proven experience in the following technical areas:
* Industrial Intelligent linear actuators and end effectors
* Integration of Machine Vision
* Rockwell Control Logix based PLC and FTView HMI hardware & Software
* Rockwell PowerFlex VFDs and Inverter duty motors
* Rockwell Kinetix Servo Drives and Motors
* Ethernet and Ethernet/IP Networking
* Electrical system design schematics and control panel layout design
* Developing construction and installation documentation
Recent experience with the following:
* Sensing technologies and panel design/layout
* Producing engineering construction and bid packages in accordance with employer/client standards
* Flow control valves, damper actuators, P&IDs, loop configurations, DCS, thermocouples, level, flow, and temperature controls
* Professional Engineer (PE) license or ability to obtain within 24 months of your start date
* Knowledge of safety standards (ISO 13849-1 & RIA 15.06) and risk assessments
Preferred experience with the following:
* Robotics, Vision Systems, 3D Scanners
* AutoCad and AutoCad Electrical
* MES/Database programming (SQL, RS-SQL, MS Access)
* Experience with polymer extrusion and/or adhesive systems
* Siemens S7 & TIA Portal PLCs and HMIs
* Siemens or Schneider/Modicon PLCs
* Siemens, CH or Schneider HMIs
* Visual Basic, Visual Basic.NET, Visual C, C#, C++, XML
* Assembly Language Programming
* Packaging line integration, including; case packing, metal detection, palletizing, along with other packaging related equipment
The base compensation listed for this job posting reflects a general range for the posted position. Base compensation will vary based on factors such as: years of experience, location, level of responsibility and licenses/certifications. In addition to base compensation, Foth members may be eligible to receive bonuses through our Earned Performance Incentive program. All employees are eligible for On-the-Spot bonuses. Exempt members are also eligible for either quarterly and/or annual bonuses. Eligible full-time and part-time members will be offered medical, dental, vision insurance, employee assistance program, disability, retirement, holiday pay, and several other voluntary benefits. Regular full-time members are also eligible for paid time off. Please reach out to the recruiting team to discuss any specific benefits or compensation questions. Note: In some situations, we may consider an alternative position based on your skill set and experience. This may result in a different compensation range.
Expected Salary Range: $110,000 - $170,000
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 600 members and operates in 26 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units - Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions - each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understanding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth s commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!
Apply for this job