AGCO is Hiring - Apply Now
Senior Category Manager Job
- Batavia, IL
- October 23, 2021
Who we are looking for:
At AGCO, we believe that when our employees succeed, our business succeeds. It s a people philosophy that we believe and invest in. We make sure all of our employees in every function, every geography and at every level have the tools they need to be successful and take charge of their career. Because when our people grow, our business grows. Every day. Every way.
The AGCO Parts Division has an exciting opportunity for a high-impact Category Manager to join its team in delivering extraordinary results at the Batavia Parts Distribution Center. The Batavia PDC is the master distribution center for North America operating around the clock to serve internal and external customers on a global scale. This is a role with growth potential and developmental opportunities. In this position, you will drive the highest level of service and quality to our dealership network.
This candidate will be responsible for managing the P&L, marketing activities, and creative messaging to continue to build the AGCO Parts brand of key product categories. This role will be vital in supporting the field aftersales managers in its promotion and execution of key activities to the AGCO dealer network across North America. Additionally, this role will be responsible for program and promotions planning and development aimed at strengthening AGCO s aftersales support throughout the lifecycle of machine ownership.
What you will do:
* Collaborate with the Sales department to develop programs and initiatives that target growth within managed preventative maintenance categories.
* Product Management: ensure completeness of portfolio, product quality, supplier alignment and pricing competitiveness along with performance of assigned categories.
* Develop and maintain comprehensive product reference material that is both dealer and end-user facing. In addition, maintain and organize product data including key specifications, marketing support material, and competitive comparisons.
* Create best in class marketing support collateral for dealer and retail channels in including training materials on product differentiation and capabilities, along messaging that showcases key product features and benefits.
* Analyze product performance and report out on opportunities, risks, and key activities that will drive category sales and engagement.
* Manage the Go-to-Market marketing strategy for new product launches.
What you will bring:
* Bachelor s degree in marketing, finance, economics, or business
* 3 years of product management or marketing experience
A plus if you have:
* Experience in category management, product management, or OEM experience
* Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
* Exposure to agricultural, industrial, or automotive industries
* Previous experience using Microsoft Access
* Master s degree in marketing, finance, economics, or business
What we offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we re clear on where we want to go as a business and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career - and our business - to the next level.
We also invite you to Make the Most of YOU - Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions to an environment where the future is happening now. Join us as we bring agriculture into the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.