AGCO is Hiring - Apply Now
Product Manager- Controller Job
- Assumption, IL
- October 23, 2021
Job Summary Global Product manager for SMART Controllers
The AGCO Grain & Protein SMART Solutions team is a growing organization, responsible for deploying innovative and robust technology solutions and digital services for Grain, Seed and Protein systems. Our team is focused on using digital tools and services to help our customers protect the grain and animals in their care. To support this growing initiative, the organization needs to add a Global Product Manager - Global SMART controllers to partner with our engineering teams to design and deploy our next generation of automation controls that will provide added profitability to our Protein customers including swine, poultry and egg customers in all major regions including NA, SA, EME and APAC. The position requires interaction with and support of the global AGCO Protein engineering, marketing, and sales teams and the ability to develop strong relationships with the end customers to ensure controller design and quality.
This individual must be self-motivated and customer focused. They will need to be connected to our customers and provide accurate and insightful Voice of Customer (VOC) as we design the next generation of controllers that optimize animal performance and welfare. SMART Solution product managers are expected to create, manage and maintain their service(s) roadmaps in accordance to the protein roadmap and to provide support to sales and our dealer network on delivering the SMART Controllers that allow us to partner with our customers to optimize their operations and drive profitability with data driven intelligence and industry expertise.
* Drive the overarching planning of developments for all controllers and priorities to be ahead of engineering needs of requirements to ensure the anticipation of interdependence of future developments.
* Create or participate in creation (with Protein PM team) of SOW of new controllers devices, features or hardware related to any control equipment.
* Collect voice-of-customer (VOC) to understand customer pain points to ensure validity of requirements for SOW creation for NPD projects
* Understand / monitor competitors, competitive market environment and service developments to be reflected in our service development strategy & roadmaps
* Identify industry trends and opportunities to expand our controller market share.
* Maintain the product road map and ensure that our controllers fit the current requirements through product rationalization and refinement and that emerging needs are addressed through new product development and modifications of existing products if required.
* Drive NPD by identifying product gaps and opportunities and develop business cases to evaluate and support investment of AGCO G&P resources.
* Coordinate all NPI activities related with new product launches
* Maintain controller pricing utilizing gross margin analysis and competitive analysis.
* Drive efforts to increase margin through controller design and strategies.
* Develop and maintain relationships with third party suppliers
* Develop new service and business models for our end customer and dealers to support their business and increase their profitability as well as their efficiency
ESSENTIAL SKILLS - Education
* Bachelor Degree in agribusiness, marketing, data analytics or other relevant degree
Qualifications and Experience
* Minimum 5 years product management experience, preferably in agricultural product management, sales/marketing
* Clearly communicates product applications with both farmers and executives
* Influences across departments without direct authority
* Business acumen (income statement, margin analysis, budgets, forecasting)
* Passionate about finding solutions for customers needs
* Makes data-based decisions, yet still functions with autonomy
* Industry relationships and contacts
* Agricultural Automation Controller Development and Deployment Experience
* Frequent travel to business & customer sites, dealerships and tradeshows.
* Estimated at 5-10 nights per month
AGCO Grain & Protein is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.