- Stockton, CA
- November 16, 2021
When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle-income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
* Drive, monitor and support New Org Agent retention and production efforts.
* Properly implement NYLIC University's Blended Learning Curriculum and Critical Selling Skills Systems. This includes notifying Agents of course deadlines and virtual session offerings as well as preparation for the facilitated delivery of Group Instruction and Drill (GID) sessions / Skill Builders.
* Understand NYLIC University Online. This includes system navigation for both Development Manager and Agent users, assigning scheduled offerings, assessment review and tracking and curriculum and regulated course reporting.
* Understand and remain current with NYL Central implementation. Assure Agents are aware of and continuously trained to leverage new system features and functionalities upon release (specific to Sales Central and Marketing Central at this time).
* Build partnerships with the General Office (GO) Field Management Team to assure the Field Development System (FDS) is implemented and executed effectively. This includes conducting and scheduling Field Observation and Demonstration (FOD) sessions with Agents (to assist with case preparation and the presenting/closing of sales), Performance Review and Planning (PRP) sessions with Agents, Agent Development Planning Meetings with the Field Management Team in addition to supporting Monthly and Annual Plan Meetings.
* Lead National Prospecting Week efforts at the GO level to assure Agent prospecting activities are scheduled, planned and executed accordingly.
* Channel, drive and promote sales initiatives and incentives with Agents, GO Field Management Teams and the Zone. Develop a solid knowledge-base of NYLIC products.
* Persuasive, Verbal and Written Communication Skills
* Performance Management
* Facilitating Groups
* Developing, Empowering and Influencing Others
* Providing Motivational Support
* Goal, Impact and Result Oriented
* Adaptability and Flexibility
* Leading Change
* Problem Solving
* Planning and Strategizing
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Two-time Council qualifier with a solid Life Case Rate (specific to internal applicants)
* Valid State Life and Health Licenses
* FINRA Registrations- Series 6 & 63
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.J
Job Requisition ID: 83213