SunTrust is Hiring - Apply Now
Teller 2 or 3 FT (40hrs) Cave Spring Branch
- Roanoke, VA
- December 3, 2019
Provide courteous and professional teller service to clients. Complete transactions according to established guidelines; complexity of transactions performed varies by Teller level. Identifies referral opportunities and makes appropriate referrals.
Ensure compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Responsible for ensuring that all business transactions and practices in the individuals span of control comply with all regulations and the Code of Conduct. Pursue on-going education of products, services, and other lines of business.
Demonstrates mastery of basic teller transaction and balancing duties. Consistently follows defined procedures for bank operations and client service, including consistent practice of behaviors that contribute to the Exceptional Branch and Exceptional Client Experiences. Possesses a broader knowledge of banking policies and procedures. Develops expertise in all types of branch transactions including, but not limited to foreign exchange, night deposits, ATM balancing and more in-depth system knowledge. Incumbents in this position are trained and rewarded for identifying client needs and making appropriate referrals.
* Mastery of the Teller I duties or six months of Teller Service at a comparable financial institution or retail service and sales experience.
* Must have cash handling or payment transactions and client facing experience.
* Basic math and numeric sequencing aptitude.
* Willing and able to follow instructions and work under established guidelines.
* One year of experience as a Teller and/or completion of Core and Intermediate Curriculum Training as well as any corresponding Teller coursework.
* Demonstrated ability to uncover referral opportunities.
* Knowledge of advanced or complex branch transactions.
Associated topics: bank teller, branch, branch teller, client, customer, customer service, customer service representative, deposit, service representative, teller
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.