Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is Hiring - Apply Now
- Atlanta, GA
- December 6, 2019
Work Schedule/Days: Variable/Friday; Monday; Saturday; Sunday; Thursday; Tuesday; Wednesday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: 34839
Prepares assigned menu items consistent with department standards for quality for all areas of service in support of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta's mission, vision, and values. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.EDUCATION
* High school diploma or equivalent
* No professional certifications required
* 2 years of experience in culinary/kitchen and/or food preparation training/food handlers certification or 1 year of experience in institutional and batch cooking in a fast paced environment
* 1 year of experience in a hospital food service setting
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
* Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
* Ability to work with a sense of urgency and meet deadlines
* Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
* Uses standardized recipes to prepare menu items for the patients, cafeteria, and special functions.
* Uses proper techniques and maintains proper temperature when inspecting, handling, preparing, serving, and storing all items.
* Covers, labels, and dates all leftovers and uses proper methods of waste disposal.
* Keeps accurate records of the amount of each item used and amount left on hand.
* Complies with infection control, safety, Department of Public Health, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration procedures and regulations.
SAFETY: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
COMPLIANCE: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB DUTIES PERFORMED BY THE PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.PHYSICAL DEMANDS*
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Childrens is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27neighborhood locations and a total of 638 beds, Childrens is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Childrens offers access to more than 70 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top childrens hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Childrens has been ranked on Fortune magazines list of 100 Best Companies to Work For for fourteen consecutive years and named one of the 100 Best Companies by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Facilities - Food Services
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.