Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is Hiring - Apply Now
Psychiatric Mental Health APRN (PRN
- Atlanta, GA
- December 6, 2019
Work Schedule/Days: Day/Monday - Friday; Variable
Employment Type: PRN
Requisition #: 34266
Provides comprehensive care and consultation as a primary mental health care provider at an advanced practice level to children and their families through assessment, communication, clinical management, collaboration, coordination, education, program development, research, self-evaluation, professional development, and system participation. Provides a full range of services, from mental health promotion to mental illness rehabilitation.EDUCATION
* Master's degree in nursing
* Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in the state of Georgia
* Current national certification as a clinical nurse specialist in psychiatric/mental health by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and/or the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB)
* Biennial renewal of Georgia Board of Nursing authorization to practice as a Clinical Nurse Specialist, Psychiatric/Mental Health
* Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 60 days of hireEXPERIENCE*
* No minimum experience required
* Two years' experience in pediatric mental health nursing
* Experience in program development
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
* Proficiency in pediatric physical and mental health assessment skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Provides a full range of comprehensive patient care management, within a collaborative practice model inclusive of psychotherapy, clinical supervision, consultation, and liaison services.
* Provides culturally sensitive patient care that is in accordance with state licensure and regulations and is based upon the standards of practice as defined by APRN certifying agencies of ANCC and PNCB.
* Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements, and evaluates care of the pediatric patient, working collaboratively with other health professionals using approaches that recognize each one's expertise to meet the needs of the patients.
* Consistently works to eliminate communication barriers, participating as a key member of an interdisciplinary team.
* Serves as an educational resource for patients, families, health care professionals, students, and lay public regarding area of clinical subspecialty. Assists in development, creation, and implementation of educational programs.
* Participates in identification and development of programs within clinical specialty at service line, system, and/or regional levels as required by the service line.
* Utilizes research to identify, examine, and evaluate creative approaches to health care, with the goal of improved outcomes for the patient and family. Participates in continuous quality improvement based upon professional practice standards and inclusive of relevant statutes and regulations.
* Expands clinical and professional knowledge base. Recognizes the importance of participation in professional organizations. Accepts personal responsibility for professional development and the maintenance of professional competence and credentials. Continuously conducts self-evaluation of advanced nursing practice skills in an effort to ensure competent clinical care and continued self-development.
* Participates in and complies with hospital/departmental policies, regulations, and programs. Assists in the development, implementation, management, marketing, and evaluation of a program of specialty and/or overall program.
SAFETY: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
COMPLIANCE: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.PHYSICAL DEMANDS*
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Childrens is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27neighborhood locations and a total of 638 beds, Childrens is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Childrens offers access to more than 70 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top childrens hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Childrens has been ranked on Fortune magazines list of 100 Best Companies to Work For for fourteen consecutive years and named one of the 100 Best Companies by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Advanced Practice Providers - Nurse Practitioner/Phys Assist
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.