CenturyLink is Hiring - Apply Now
INTERN - TALENT ACQUISITION - SUMMER 2020
- MONROE, LA
- December 6, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink's internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within Talent Acquisition will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. The internship experience will take place with our talent acquisition team members located in the Monroe, LA office. During the summer, interns will be involved with sourcing, recruiting, and selecting great talent for CenturyLink. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, business functions, challenging projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
* Intern will be trained in recruitment activities; talent attraction, sourcing and selection.
* Perform tasks under appropriate guidance and supervision with excellent support.
* Assist with generating a talent pipeline and referral network by leveraging social media and candidate sourcing platforms to attract prospective candidates.
* Perform queries and searches in Applicant Tracking databases for qualified candidates.
* Develop knowledge and relationships with CenturyLink business functions.
* Perform administrative tasks as needed.
* Assists with updating candidate profiles in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
* Assist with driving exceptional candidate experience.
* Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
* Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; senior or master's level education status at the start of the internship (graduating August 2020 - July 2021).
* Serious interest in Talent Acquisition as a potential career, and/or interest in working as a Recruiter for 2-3 years as an entry to the HR profession.
* Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher
* Must have transportation to/from work daily
* Must be available to work 30 - 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe
* Professional, friendly and upbeat demeanor.
* Customer centric and highly collaborative.
* Technologically savvy.
* Demonstrated abilities in conscientiousness, resourcefulness and accuracy.
* Strong people skills including effective communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
* Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented.EDUCATION
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
ALTERNATE LOCATION: US-Louisiana-West Monroe
REQUISITION #: 216510
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.