Mars is Hiring - Apply Now
Executive Technology Lead
- Mclean, VA
- December 6, 2019
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
ABOUT MARS, INCORPORATED
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's(R), SNICKERS(R), TWIX(R), MILKY WAY(R), DOVE(R), PEDIGREE(R), ROYAL CANIN(R), WHISKAS(R), EXTRA(R), ORBIT(R), 5(tm), SKITTLES(R), UNCLE BEN'S(R), MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA(R). Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD(R) Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl(R), VCA(R) and Pet Partners(tm). Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
This Executive Technology Lead role is crucial to the successful creation & implementation of our Headquarters IT Strategy for each segment, with the goal of creating innovative and world class site technology experiences. The role combines constantly up to date technology knowledge with the ability to rapidly assimilate change and external perspective (knowing what is possible), advanced levels of empathy and influencing skills (convincing senior stakeholders why we should do something), and the ability to deliver user centric solutions using agile & waterfall methodologies (being able to make it happen).
Main Focus Areas:
* Create the headquarters site strategy and get buy-in with key stakeholders
* Create the delivery roadmap at McLean (MVA), and other global and regional headquarters
* Scope, Lead and Deliver the roadmap at MVA and other HQ sites through technology projects (project & program management)
* Create the global headquarters site technology and experience strategy, and ensure this is agreed and signed off with key stakeholders (eg CTO, CIOs, senior business/segment leadership)
* Develop 1-3 year MVA and other HQ sites' Technology Roadmap with clear milestones that are managed, tracked, and clearly understood by relevant stakeholders
* Ownership and execution of end to end project management for multiple/medium complexity ambiguous projects utilizing standard project mgt methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc.)
* Develop an overall strategy for how we capture the hearts and minds of associates at MVA and HQ sites - create process and regularly execute local site stakeholder bidirectional feedback
* Build our expanded device and IT strategy for the top 200 Mars leaders.
* Provide expanded IT support services to the Edge segment.
* Research and implement the future strategy around top executive meeting rooms per segment HQ.
Context and Scope:
* As the Executive Technology Lead, this role is expected to manage and influence the most senior leaders in our business. Must be able to go beyond delivery of requested services. Demonstrate ability to anticipate "what's next" and articulate a compelling vision of "what can be" for IT services at the global headquarters through creation of an aligned Technology strategy.
* Leverage full Digital Technologies enterprise portfolio to bring in enterprise IT perspective and capabilities to our global headquarters and segment HQ's, whilst also taking an "outside in view" to seize opportunities to bring new and cutting edge technologies or products into MVA and HQ sites, and ultimately feeding back into the broader Digital Technologies portfolio.
* Develops and presents segment HQ IT strategy and roadmap for stakeholder approval, and manages delivery to project schedules, estimates and budgets that are on time, budget, and quality.
* Continuously challenge the status quo to drive opportunities to standardize and rationalize local IT Landscape
* Facilitate necessary interactions and follow through to hold enterprise Digital Technology accountable to drive resolutions.
* Solution oriented -- proactively recommends IT options to drive desired business outcomes
* Partner with enterprise IT resources to drive forward resolution in a mostly autonomous fashion
* Acts as the conduit between MVA site services and Executive Collaboration Teams to complete charter.
Education & Professional Qualification:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent in experience
* ITIL Certification a plus
* 5+ yr.'s experience in IT Service Management
* Exposure to working with senior business leaders
* Ability to excel in a dynamic environment filled with fast pace changing priorities while maintaining a constant commitment to the highest levels of quality
* Ability to manage multiple activities/priorities and work well under pressure
* Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technical skills quickly
* Ability to evaluate, analyze and solve complex problems - strong cognitive abilities.
* Project Management Skills
* Ability to translate Business needs and opportunities into defined and actionable IT projects.
* Strong interpersonal skills: including good conflict management and an ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the business from different cultures
* Demonstrated self-management: well organized, good time management and task planning, good workload management, reliable at meeting deadlines and ability to work independently
* Management and development of strong collaborative relationships with 3rd party vendors and contractors, proven success in ensuring vendor/contractor service delivery meets quality, time, financial standards
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.