Coca Cola Bottling Company is Hiring - Apply Now
IT Sys Admin 2 - Server Manager
- Birmingham, AL
- December 6, 2019
Department : [[Information Technology]]
Job Location : [[Birmingham]]
Other Potential Locations : [[None]]
SUMMARY JOB STATEMENT
The IT System Admin 2 - Server Management will assist and support the IT Network and Infrastructure in managing Windows/Linux server systems (including Cloud and On-Premise). Their role is to design, install, administer, and optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. This position will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm and will assist the IT Network and Infrastructure Manager with daily operations, apply fixes, install OS upgrades, track & report server resource utilization. This position will also monitor server logs, system messages, perform troubleshooting and update operations documentation Respond to alerts, messages and page, while assisting in providing technical and system support for the data center and hardware upgrades and installations and maintenance including physical and virtual (VMWare) environment.
* Design, install, administer, and optimize company servers
* Daily operations, apply fixes, install OS upgrades
* Develop and/or maintain related Server Management documentation as needed.
* INTERACT WITH THE REST OF THE IT PERSONNEL IN AREAS RELATED TO THE OVERALL PERFORMANCE OF IT SYSTEMS
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 2-4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Valid Driver's License and a driving record in compliance with CCBCU Fleet Policy
* 2-4 years' experience in installing, configuring and maintaining the following:
* xSeries or Lenovo server hardware
* SAN (Storage Area Network) and ISCSI Connectivity
* NAS (Network Attached Storage) and Connectivity
* VMWare virtual server software
* Microsoft Server current and prior versions
* Microsoft SQL Server
* Experience with Cloud based virtual environments (Azure and AWS)
* Experience with NetOps methodology
* Experience with Veeam backup and recovery procedures
* Experience with performance tuning and capacity planning
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
* ABILITY TO WORK UNDER AGGRESSIVE DEADLINES AND MEET PROJECT COMMITMENTS
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50lbs
Successful candidates with our company must pass a drug screen and background check. (MVR/DOT Physical, if applicable)
COCA-COLA BOTTLING COMPANY UNITED, INC. "AN EEO/AAP EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)"
CCBCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.