Aegion Energy Services
Aegion Corporation is Hiring - Apply Now
Director, Human Resources
Brinderson is a subsidiary of Aegion Energy Services (AES).
This position reports to the VP of HR for AES. The HR Director (HRD) oversees the strategic direction of the assigned business unit(s). The incumbent directs the flow of HR processes, and provides HR expertise, guidance and support for the business leader and unit. The HRD is responsible for setting goals for their staff, and ensuring plans support business growth of the assigned business unit and the development of AES employees. The HRD will supervise a staff of 5-7 employees. Responsibilities
* Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, leadership training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, leaves and accommodations, and labor relations. Plans, directs, and supervises the work related to these areas.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements. Stays abreast of existing and new legislation and advising management on needed actions.
* Oversees the performance management process through partnerships with management and executive staff. Coaches management on how to best communicate expectations and performance feedback on an ongoing basis. Develops performance plans to correct performance deficiencies, reviews disciplinary documentation. Consults with corporate employment attorneys and advises managers on employment related matters, including terminations.
* Oversees the staffing function for the business unit. Ensures appropriate recruitment and sourcing strategies are in place to attract both staff and craft roles. Redirects resources during peak / slow hiring periods. Develops and manages employer branding programs, industry events, and campus relations programs.
* Leads succession planning for the business unit, helping to identify high potential talent and ensure planning for high-level position vacancies occurs on a semi-annual basis. Ensures that a robust talent development process is in place for the business unit.
* Familiarity with union contracts and CBAs that are applicable to the business unit. Partners with appropriate Labor Relations staff to ensure compliance with outstanding contracts.
* Analyzes training needs for the organization and identifies internal or external resources to ensure training needs are met. May partner with other functions to plan, prioritize, and implement training.
* Analyzes statistical data and reports to identify and determine root causes and develops recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
* Uses or directs staff to use technology and social media sites (both internal or external) to promote employer events, or to recognize employee accomplishments.
* Responsibility over the HR budget and staying within established spending guidelines.
* Additional duties and projects as assigned.
* Bachelors degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
* 7+ years experience in a Human Resources function, with at least three years as a HR Generalist.
* Prior energy or refinery experience preferred.
* Prior experiencing supervising or leading a talent acquisition function
* Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
* Strong analytical capabilities.
* Strong organizational skills. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Current knowledge of federal and local employment-related legislation required.
* Strong computer skills - proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
* Knowledge of Workday and iCIMS and plus.