Manager of Environmental Health & Safety
- The Kraft Group
- Worcester, MA
- November 20, 2017
Rand-Whitney Container, Manager of Environmental Health & Safety
The Manager will manage projects and tasks related to Environmental Health and Safety (EHS).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Lead the EHS team for manufacturing operations.
- Manage EHS compliance programs in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Interface with regulatory agencies, including OSHA and EPA.
- Provide EHS training such as HAZCOM, LOTO, Forklift Certification, PPE, and others as needed.
- Coordinate and/or undertake environmental monitoring (air, water, waste management).
- Develop written procedures and conduct safety and environmental assessments.
- Manage permitting and associated deliverables.
- Conduct safety inspections, environmental audits, and plan corrective action.
- Lead all incident investigations.
- Assist with worker's comp initiatives.
- Maintain EHS files and records in compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- *BS/BA degree in a science or engineering field such as, Occupational Health, Environmental Science, or related field.
- *Knowledge of applicable OSHA, DEP, EPA, NFPA, DEP and MWRA regulations.
- Experience in accident investigation, analysis, and corrective action planning.
- *Minimum of 3 plus years EHS experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- *Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- *Highly effective and professional interpersonal skills
- *Experience preparing and presenting EHS trainings and recordkeeping.
- *Strong computer and organizational skills.
- *Ability to be proactive, follow up and follow through to ensure safety compliance for regular activities as well as future projects
- *Be able to use good judgement and build rapport with diverse internal and external clientele
- *Able to lift up to 25 pounds and walk the campus on a regular basis
- *Current HAZWOPER/RCRA/DOT training/Forklift certification, PPE
NO Direct Reports
The Kraft Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.