Job Type: Research/Science
FULL-TIME, 40-HOUR PER WEEK POSITION
THE SECTION OF DERMATOLOGY AT DARTMOUTH-HITCHCOCK MEDICAL CENTER IS DEVELOPING AN ACTIVE TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH PROGRAM TO IMPROVE OUR UNDERSTANDING AND TREATMENT OF DISEASES OF THE SKIN. CURRENT AREAS OF RESEARCH INCLUDE IMMUNE SIGNALING IN PSORIASIS AND NOVEL APPROACHES FOR THE PREVENTION AND TREATMENT OF SKIN CANCERS. WE ARE SEEKING MOTIVATED, CREATIVE AND INTELLECTUALLY ENGAGED INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EAGER TO EMPLOY CUTTING EDGE RESEARCH TOOLS IN AN ACADEMIC RESEARCH ENVIRONMENT.
Assists research personnel by performing a range of tasks associated with conducting molecular immunology research studies.
* Participates in the initiation, management, and completion of experiments in support of genome engineering and next generation sequencing experiments.
* Prepares data and documents for study sponsors.
* Works with study investigators to help develop and test new techniques and procedures. Assists with composition of detailed research protocol documents.
* Assists with the production of study documents for publication in journals and at meetings.
* Maintains a clear, up to date, and well-documented laboratory notebook.
* Carries out basic laboratory experiments using basic molecular biology skills including PCR, PAGE, cell culture and molecular cloning.
* Communicates with supervisor, lab members and partner labs.
* Travels to regular investigator meetings and obtains protocol specific training as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
* Performs other duties as required or assigned.
* Bachelors degree, or a high school diploma with 3 years of credible experience, or the equivalent in education and experience, required.
* Prior research experience preferred.
* Excellent organizational, writing, and office software skills required.
REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION SKILLS:
Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) is a nonprofit academic health system serving communities in northern New England. D-H provides access to more than 1,000 primary care doctors and specialists in almost every area of medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center; the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 45 Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation; the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock; four affiliate hospitals; 24 ambulatory clinics across New Hampshire and Vermont; and through the Visiting Nurse and Hospice for Vermont and New Hampshire. The D-H system trains nearly 400 residents and fellows annually, and performs world-class research, in partnership with the Audrey and Theodor Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and the White River Junction VA Medical Center in White River Junction, VT. In 2016, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center was named one of "100 Great Hospitals in America" by Becker's Hospital Review.
Job Id #: 1800014SView All Jobs