ArcelorMittal Cleveland has an immediate opening for a Shift Manager Mechanical Maintenance in our Iron Producing Division in Cleveland, Ohio.
#CLE18-610-005 Shift Manager – Mechanical Maintenance – Iron Producing
ArcelorMittal Cleveland has an immediate opening for a Shift Manager Mechanical Maintenance in our Iron Producing Division in Cleveland, Ohio. The following primary position responsibilities and key position requirements are intended to provide an overview of the position, but are not all-inclusive.
The Shift Manager - Mechanical Maintenance is responsible for promoting a positive work culture by being a role model for communication, safety, teamwork and education. This position manages the mechanical maintenance activity to improve equipment reliability while controlling cost and maintaining asset value for the Iron Producing Division.
This position is responsible for the following:
• Maintenance and reliability of equipment within their area and discipline.
• The training and evaluation of the bargained-for employees under their direction.
• Ensuring that all maintenance and repair activity are in compliance with OSHA and
• plant safety standards.
• Reviewing the day-to-day maintenance and operating activities.
• Prioritizing the activities of the bargained for employees in their area of responsibility.
• Writing specifications, upgrading and improving the design of equipment.
• The development of shift reports for maintenance activities.
• Directing and assigning the jobs or tasks to the bargained for employees.
• Coordinate work activities with contractors as required.
• Understands, communicates, and enforces company and department policies.
• Available for domestic and international travel as required (not frequent).
• On-Call 24/7. Shift work may be required.
• Weekend coverage will be required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technology or 5 years equivalent applicable work experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technology with at least 3 years experience in an industrial or heavy manufacturing environment.
Familiar with PLC’s / controls. Seven (7) years of experience in an industrial environment, preferably a steel plant, preferably a union facility with five (5) years experience in a supervisory role in maintenance. Blast Furnace maintenance experience desired.
ArcelorMittal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CandidateRequest-USA@arcelormittal.com, call 1-(312) 899-3097, or call ArcelorMittal Cleveland, Human Resources at (216) 429-6224 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
ArcelorMittal is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Id #: 6961248View All Jobs