Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
CHUGACH GOVERNMENT SOLUTIONS (CGS) AND SUBSIDIARIES&HELLIP;
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN TO ELIGIBLE AND QUALIFIED CHUGACH SHAREHOLDERS, SPOUSES AND DESCENDANTS, AND SHAREHOLDERS OF OTHER ALASKA NATIVE CORPORATIONS. CHUGACH MAKES EVERY EFFORT TO IDENTIFY, HIRE, TRAIN, AND PROMOTE SHAREHOLDERS. CHUGACH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER OR GENDER IDENTITY (EXCEPT WHERE GENDER IS A BONA FIDE OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION), NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, MARITAL STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER FACTOR PROTECTED BY LAW. CGS COMPLIES WITH APPLICABLE STATE AND LOCAL LAWS GOVERNING NONDISCRIMINATION IN EMPLOYMENT IN EVERY LOCATION IN WHICH THE COMPANY HAS FACILITIES. THIS POLICY APPLIES TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT, INCLUDING RECRUITING, HIRING, PLACEMENT, PROMOTION, TERMINATION, LAYOFF, RECALL, TRANSFER, LEAVES OF ABSENCE, COMPENSATION AND TRAINING.
SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Stationary Engineer operates and maintains stationary engines, boilers, or other mechanical equipment to provide utilities for buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Operates and maintains one or more systems which provide an establishment with such services as heat, humidification, steam or high temperature water, or electricity.
* Observes and interprets readings on gauges, meters and charts which register various aspects of the system's operation; adjusting controls, including direct digital building controls, to insure safe and efficient operation of the system and to meet demands for the service provided.
* Records in logs various aspects of the system's operation.
* Keeps the machinery, and equipment of the system in good working order.
* May direct and coordinate activities of other workers (not stationary engineers) in performing tasks directly related to operating and maintaining the system or systems.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the stationary engineer field.
* Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
* Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
* Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
* Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
* Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
* Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
* Having the ability to work well under pressure.
* Four years experience in operation and maintenance of power boilers, graduation from a recognized technical school or an approved engineers' apprentice training program with three years experience in the maintenance of power boilers.
* Knowledge of automatic boiler controls required.
* Must have one year's experience operating direct digital building control systems and sufficient experience to test and treat boiler, pre-treatment and feed water.
* Navy Hospital assignments require sufficient experience and skill to perform the additional specific duties detailed above.
* Must meet and maintain company physical and security requirements, including respirator qualification, and clearance eligibility when required.
* Candidates for positions at the Naval Hospital facility must prove immunity to Rubella (a.k.a. German Measles or Three Day Measles) by providing, prior to employment, physician signed documentation of either immunization (vaccine) or antibody titer (blood test), and evidence of a TB (tuberculosis) test within the past year.
* Must possess good communication skills for a service team environment.
* Valid state driver's license with acceptable driving record.
* U. S Citizenship.
* Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
* City of Seattle Steam Engineer Grade 2 or greater or equivalent License required. Shall have qualifications comparable to City of Seattle Ordinance, Chapter 6.420, Steam Boilers Engineers & Fireman.
* Certification to operate and maintain any air conditioning and boiler plant equipment up to and including central plants with an alarm system, which monitors all heating, and other utility systems installed base wide.
* Certification has no limitations on size of plant equipment.
Chugach Government Solutions, (CGS) is a government contracting company formed by Chugach Alaska Corporation. Founded on integrity and Alaska Native values, CGS has become a recognized provider of consistently delivering high-quality government contractor services for our customers. We do this by never compromising on our core values, and by responsible stewardship of the environment and our people. CGS performs work for the Federal Government across 4 unique core lines of business, including: Facilities Management and Maintenance, Construction, Technical IT and Cyber Services, and Educational Services. Through these core lines of business, CGS employs more than 5,000 employees across the world.
Job Id #: SIL10274View All Jobs