- Karna, LLC
- Alexandria, VA
- May 4, 2018
Statistician - Health Research
Are you a numbers nerd Do you love answering questions using your knowledge of statistics coupled with a passion for changing health outcomes We have an immediately available opportunity for someone just like you! Karna is an exciting government consulting firm with a focus on public health. We provide high level expertise in applicable public health disciplines to support our clients’ missions throughout the US and beyond. We have worked on matters ranging from HIV/TB in developing countries, to prevention and education about Birth Defects with the CDC. We are proud to contribute to the health and well-being of our military with this contract in the Defense Suicide Prevention Office.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and enjoys the challenge of solving new problems every day. You’ll work with a team of talented analysts, epidemiologists, and subject matter experts to explore meaningful, dynamic data on a high-priority topic in today’s military health.
What you’ll do:
- Provide advanced statistical consulting skills to the Karna team and our client including research methods and analyzing key questions related to the program and intervention outcomes and effectiveness
- Leverage your public health knowledge of principles, design, and research methods in ways that advance suicide prevention efforts
- Conduct analyses using descriptive and inferential statistics, including regression and ANOVA
- Contribute to quality control processes for data collection and cleaning in order to produce datasets that are ready for analysis
- Guide and perform the development of analysis plans and methods
- Generate high impact, succinct reports and presentations to help decision makers understand the data
Who you are:
- MS or PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, or related field
- 5-7 years related experience
- A whiz at SAS and Excel analysis, database management, and data visualization
- A data nerd who loves and understands a variety of statistical methods
- Possess a love of public health topics and disciplines
- Keen sense of both "where to look next" and "what to do instead"
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods to plan and implement public health programs
- Passion for creating products; feel free to send us links to personal projects or other work
- Must be a US Citizen for Confidential-level Security Clearance
- Previous JPAS/CAC preferred
Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.