Berkeley Lab is currently looking for a Workforce Development & Diversity Manager.
Workforce Diversity Manager - 84576
Organization: HR-Human Resources
Discover your future at Berkeley Lab!
Berkeley Lab (http://www.lbl.gov/) fosters groundbreaking fundamental science that enables transformational solutions for energy and environment challenges through interdisciplinary teams and advanced new tools for scientific discovery. Our research areas include Biosciences, Computing Sciences, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Energy Sciences, Energy Technologies, and Physical Sciences.
We are currently looking for a Workforce Development & Diversity Manager to join the team. This new, exciting and unique role will evaluate existing and develop new programs designed to create repeatable, consistent & reliable platforms that propel diversity pipelines and diversity hiring practices at the Lab. You will manage the Lab’s Workforce Development & Education, University Recruiting, and Postdoctoral Scholars programs and will lead the Lab’s efforts for diversity outreach for scientific and operations career staff and leadership roles. Additionally, you will participate in creating programs focused on providing access, training, internships and mentorships to a diverse pool of talent to help prepare them for a career at the Lab. As the Lab’s spokesperson for diversity, you will inform Lab leadership on the successes and challenges of our various diversity programs and define metrics, monitor progress against established goals, and implement best practice solutions.
If you have a passion for and experience in putting together strategic company wide diversity programs, including building business cases implementing project plans, and determining measurements, we hope you will consider joining us.
What You Will Do:
• Initiate and advance action-oriented programs and outreach in support of diversity recruitment and workforce development initiatives across the Lab and manage organizational change in support of meeting our representation goals.
• Partner with hiring managers to understand talent needs and successfully build a pipeline of diverse active and passive talent through various channels, networks and creative sourcing strategies.
• Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and trends through research, external networking, and membership/participation in key organizations representing workforce diversity.
• Partner with diversity based organizations, community organizations, colleges and universities in support of the Lab’s workforce programs and recruitment.
• Manage university relations for the Lab. Create a campus recruitment strategy and build talent pipelines at target schools to attract and hire diverse university talent for scientific and operations internships and career positions.
• Envision, design and drive long- term workforce diversity strategies, frameworks and implementation plans for increasing the representation and advancement of diverse talent.
• Aggregate, analyze, and trend employee demographic data. Conduct in-depth research on data findings to determine root cause and prepare summary reports, dashboards and recommendations based on analytical insights for review with key stakeholders.
• Partner with the head of strategic communications on the development and promotion of the Lab’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employment brand
• Partner with leadership on affirmative action programs and goals and ensure consultative guidance and action plan recommendations adhere to all federal and state regulations in addition to legal advice.
• Manage resources including budget and staffing and identify new funding opportunities, such as the use grants for new diversity programs related to S
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) is located in the San Francisco Bay Area on a 200-acre site in the hills above the University of California's Berkeley campus and is managed by the University of California for the U.S. Department of Energy.
Job Id #: 78179View All Jobs