21, September, 2016
An IT Specialist is someone who helps companies manage their IT operations and maintain their software, hardware and networking systems. In general, people working in IT jobs are responsible for:
- Troubleshooting problems with business software, hardware and networking systems
- Identifying probable IT issues and resolving them to ensure seamless IT operations
- Training staff to effectively use existing and new IT solutions
- Maintaining security and keeping online threats at bay
- Determining business or industry IT needs and creating IT solutions to meet them
Employers usually look for a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field. However, someone with master’s degree in IT and additional certifications are offered senior positions and higher salaries. An IT specialist with few years of experience typically earns $45,000 per year. The salary increases as they gain experience. IT specialists working in IT development and finance sectors command higher salaries than their peers.